Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Severe weather

NABR Veteran

I figured you'd be in cleanup by now so sent a few things to help with that. Take care of my favorite Surefire!
    aka Hop

'09 BMW 335i Xdrive <- Daily Driver
    '06 Nissan Pathfinder <- Tow bitch
    '92 3000GT VR4 <- SOLD
    '91 GVR4 #1587 <- SOLD
    '97 GS-t Spyder <- SOLD
    '90 Talon <- SOLD
    '95 TSi AWD, GT35R 10 second corn juice sippin' street car.
    Gallery: http://gallery.indystars.org/v/members/Hopkins/

NABR Regular

Just a quick update. Through the generous donations of this group my paypal account is now well over 2000$. I also have packages arriving daily or being hand delivered from hundreds of miles away containing clothes games etc. I can't thank this group enough. This is what NABR is all about. I hope to be done with the insurance in a day or two. It's taking way longer than I think it should. I know people who settled last Friday and Saturday.
    Paul Lyons
    97 Tsi AWD

NABR Veteran

NABR rocks. Hopefully the insurance companies are total assholes and you get settled soon.

FNG Graduate

Should have the rest of the clothes washed today and out the door. Sending some stuff for the kids as well. If you need anything else at all just ask!
    2010: 10.1@150 10.2@154
    2011: 801awhp 9.7@149

NABR Veteran

I meant are NOT total assholes above. Phone web surfing stinks sometimes.

NABR Brigadier General

OKC got hit again today and it's not over yet.

Wow,

Hal

NABR Regular

This one wasn't as bad but severe rainfall. Lots of area flooded. Some got 9 inches of rain. Lots of boxes have been showing up. You guys are the best.
    Paul Lyons
    97 Tsi AWD

NABR Veteran

We had 4 inches of rain at our house yesterday in about 4 hours. We had standing water within 2 feet of our patio. I have never seen that in the 7 years we have lived in the house. We had 7 rounds of hail yesterday. Most of it was all pea size.
    Would you like to see my second place trophies?

NABR Regular

We are in our new apartment now. Thank you guys for all your support. I hope you never realize what a huge pain it is to lose everything. Even with a pocketful of money it still a huge pain to shop for stuff. The clothing was much appreciated. It's simply not possible to put your life back together in a few weeks. We're at least functional now at least.
    Special thanks to Forced Performance and Magnus Motorsports for the awesome Tshirts. And to John Hopkins, the surefire kicks ass.
    Paul Lyons
    97 Tsi AWD

NABR Administrator

Holy shit Paul, I feel shitty for just now reading this (I don't typically get on the Public News section) and never saw a word of it on the Book of Faces. Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you and your family are in need of at this point (home goods, linens, etc). Say the word and I will get something lined up for you guys.
    Joe Kanser
    Syclone #1096
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jkanser View Post
    Please let me know if there is anything in particular that you and your family are in need of at this point (home goods, linens, etc).
    Post any needs like that here. I have just been waiting to see if there are any emergency needs.

How is the rest of the community handling the recovery?

NABR Administrator

I have my entire office lined up to drop off what you may need and supply a little $$ as well. As Brad stated, if you have some neighbors that are in need, post that as well. It's the least I/we can do.
    Joe Kanser
    Syclone #1096
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

NABR Regular

If you've watched the news the comments are that Okies don't whine and complain about needing help from the government but instead everybody puts on their big boy britches and gets stuff done. There was so much support initially it couldn't be processed fast enough. My new address is 1002 SW 89th St apt 204 Oklahoma City, OK 73139. My basic needs have been met and then some. The other problems will arise as seasons change I'm sure. I've been figuring out what I don't have as I have needed it. Inconveniences only and many many trips to wal mart, target etc. The amount of DSM stuff I lost just makes me sick. It will be very difficult to place a value on those items that the insurance company will actually pay. I'm going to have to consider winter clothes, work stuff etc. Typically for most of us when the first cold snap hits you just go get a jacket. I'm sure I'll forget about it until that snap hits and I'll be pissed for a day.
    Paul Lyons
    97 Tsi AWD

Anything new to report, Paul?
    Patrick Ray
    RIP Dennis Natter 7/28/2003
    RIP Jason Smithey 3/12/2005

NABR Regular

Im full on back to work now so getting things done is difficult. My wife is taking most of the work tornado related. We're looking at house plans and trying to settle the claim for personal contents. No joke they will pay for our clothes but the stuff we have received replaced a lot of it. Helps a lot. I am quite certain I was underinsured. I hope im only a week or two from signing a contract on a house. If anybody has any input on consumer goods over the next few months that would be great. Ive subscribed to consumer reports. Im going to have to reseach every major appliance, media gear, computers etc. Im going to make some comissioned salespersons day. We're feeling about as normal as possible right now.
    Paul Lyons
    97 Tsi AWD