Thread: Need some help with an FP3575.

NABR Veteran

Default Need some help with an FP3575.

At one time i owned a built Talon that had an FP3575, 763 miles later the car was totaled and now that setup is being put into my Galant VR-4. I'm looking to reuse the FP exhaust housing and use a different CHRA and compressor cover due to the Galant's lack of room up front. Does anyone know what kind of turbine wheel was put in this turbo, I googled it but there isn't a ton of info on this turbo out there and I'd call FP but they're closed on Sundays. Anyway, thanks for any info you may have!

-Cory
    Cory O.
    '94 TSi AWD | '92 GVR4 | '02 Xterra SE 4x4
    If at first you don't succeed, buy a few more.

NABR Moderator

T350/Stg V with a single lipped HS IIRC
    -Brian Wilson

NABR Veteran

I had a sppace issue in my galant and I just swapped in a half rad and had tons of room. Probably a lot easier and cheaper than a chra swap. I kept the AC condesner there and had a lot of room and was able to go with a charge pipe below the manifold as well. That move really made a big difference.

NABR Veteran

Thanks guys that's what I was looking for! Adam, do you remember off hand what half radiator you went with? Ditching the A/C is NOT an option but I'm not trying to guess my way out of this and end up with a bunch of stuff I can't use down the road, also do you have any pics of the engine bay in that setup? Thanks again!
    Cory O.

NABR Veteran

What manifold are you using? The mirage has less room up front than a GVR4 and I've ran a 3065, 35R, and now 6466. I had a stock manifold, FP, Treadstone T3, and now tubular. I'm still running the oem radiator with one fan inside and A/C with a fan on the condensor.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    90 Mirage "LIL EVO" 9.9@147mph, 885awhp
    07 LS460L
    04 Gallardo
    13 TRD S/C Tundra
    96, 94 Land Cruisers

NABR Veteran

I'm using an FP manifold and I'd like to actually use the 3575 if I can make it fit, a half-radiator sounds awesome if I can get it to cool effectively with an A/C condenser in front of it.
    Cory O.

NABR Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Tex View Post
    T350/Stg V with a single lipped HS IIRC
    That's kinda funny, I remember reading it had a gt37 turbine wheel from Jake Montgomery's reviews of it.
    RedRkt Racing
    11.98 @115 1.74 60ft -Race gas
    12.44 @110 1.78 60ft -Pump gas
    10.20 @143.87 E85
    Power tends to corrupt; and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

NABR Veteran

Ah, here is a quote from your website description of the fp3575 on the intenet archive from June 2005:
    "This FP3575 variant increases compressor flow an additional 10lb/min for a max choke flow rating of 75lb/min. The turbine wheel is also enlarged to GT37 specs. These turbos are built in standard issue T4 bearing housings and feature floating journal bearings and 360 degree SCREWED down thrust bearings. This setup has proven itself very resistant to failure over the years."
    RedRkt Racing
    11.98 @115 1.74 60ft -Race gas
    12.44 @110 1.78 60ft -Pump gas
    10.20 @143.87 E85
    Power tends to corrupt; and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

NABR Moderator

GT37 is a loosely used moniker used for a variety of turbine wheels larger than 35r but smaller than GT40.
    That particular turbo with the FP30 turbine housing always used the T350 turbine wheel.
    That turbo in a T3 housing used a P trim turbine wheel.
    It was also sometime offered as a BB CHRA but usually with a Billet 88 wheel.
    -Brian Wilson

NABR Veteran

I just used a Honda aluminum half rad. I have yet to drive the car on the half rad setup. It was like 45dollars.

FNG (fucking new guy)

In regards to cooling, the half radiator does fine. I have it in my car without issue. I know of two other cars that had ac condensers in front of them without issues. These were both evos that I assume have more airflow than a Galant but one was a Florida car for what it's worth. Both used a Honda ac condenser with custom lines.
    2003 Evo 9.86 @151