Thread: Asking for technical advice for fire suppression system installation in DSM.

TTIWWOP

Default Asking for technical advice for fire suppression system installation in DSM.

I am installing a 5# and 10# dual bottle FireFox FE-36 system in my 2G and am going to have it set up for 1x nozzle off the 5# and 2x off the 10x bottle.

Now, where are the best places to find the proper 180* and 360* nozzles for FE-36? I intend on running -4AN aluminum tube from the rear strut tower area where the tanks are mounted to the driver footwell area, as well as the engine bay area. My fuel cell is completely outside of the vehicle in the OEM tank location, and floor is completely sealed front-to-back.

Ideas on placement? Ideas on where to get fittings,etc?

I also have a 2.5# FE-36 hand-held extinguisher in the car that is mounted next to the driver seat behind the center console.

I have no direct experience with fire supression system installation, so I am asking for anyone with experience to chime in and give a bit of a hand so I know what direction to go in.

Thanks,

TMZ
    Tim Zimmer - twicks69 99GSX - 9.42 @ 155mph 35psi, 1.650 60'LOL
    1000AWHP / 720TQ @ 48psi
    Heavy as Fuck

NABR Veteran

Did you not buy the kit? They typically come with tubing and nozzles?

TTIWWOP

No, I picked up a nsacar takeout from a racing team I talk to. It was designed for their car and has a 246*F auto sprayer valve for the engine bay and a bottle mounted 160* valve. There are additional -4an outputs on the bottle that I will use for my application.

It also cost me around 1/4 of what it was new and is freshly refilled and certified.

Tim Zimmer - TMZ Performance
    Sent from Evo Phone via Tapatalk2
    Tim Zimmer - twicks69 99GSX - 9.42 @ 155mph 35psi, 1.650 60'LOL
    1000AWHP / 720TQ @ 48psi
    Heavy as Fuck

That Fucking Guy

Systems are designed to save the driver and not the car. So I placed nozzles behind me, at my feet and right on the firewall.
    Gary Andriotis
    Magnus Social Club and Espresso Bar ◘