Thread: Trackmaster app for Android

NABR Lieutenant General

Default Trackmaster app for Android

Has anyone here used the trackmaster app for an android phone?

http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome

After doing my first PDX event in my E30 over the weekend I was wishing there was a way I could have gotten some lap times just to see how I improved throughout the day. Also to be able to compare some different lines on track. This app looks like it will do that well.

I went ahead and paid for it and have it downloaded so I can try it out this weekend at an autocross event. If anyone is using it do you have any tips?

Also what would be the best windshield / dash mount for my phone? I've got a MyTouch4G from T-mobile. I imagine I'll need a universal type mount. The trackmaster web page has this mount on Amazon listed.
    Jerry Ledford (aka LaserAWD)
    05 Evo VIII
    '92 Laser AWD FP3052, 24psi, 93 oct
    11.15 @ 124.6 - parted / sold

A/S/L

I used it at my last Watkins Glen trip. Overall it's pretty sweet. I actually had it in my driver's side door the entire session and it worked fine. Word of caution though, verify how fast the GPS radio is on your phone. Mine is WAY to slow for the types of speeds. I have an external GPS unit that I want to hook into the Trackmaster via bluetooth next time to get a faster feed.

After screwing around with it for a day, here's my list of the cool features that I came across:
    • Start on movement setting for staging.
    • Customizable split markers to record section data
    • Voice-out to Bluetooth headsets allows you to hear your split times/lap times without needing to see the screen
    • GoogleEarth exports allow you to share the line/data/review via GoogleEarth links
    • The online site allows sharing/collaboration of session marks/split time markers and keeps a running history of track times
    • The newest version can real-time update from within the car, assuming a good enough data connection, and allows people to watch your track position/speed/progress online.

Last couple of sessions i had my bluetooth earpiece in under my helmet listening to the times and exported the sessions to GoogleEarth links.
    a.k.a. Tevenor

2006 Evo IX SE - Part family truckster, part track bitch.

2011 One Lap of America, 1st in class, 6th overall
    2010 One Lap of America, 1st in class, 7th overall

NABR Lieutenant General

Well I will definitely need a faster GPS unit, even at auto-x speeds. I was able to get a small feel for how everything worked over the weekend. I believe it'll be well worth the money when I start doing more track days next year.
    Jerry Ledford (aka LaserAWD)
    05 Evo VIII
    '92 Laser AWD FP3052, 24psi, 93 oct
    11.15 @ 124.6 - parted / sold

NABR Veteran

Trackmaster is pretty decent but check out ALapHD. If you have a phone capable of 1080p video recording it's an amazing ap.
    www.StickyVinylGraphics.com
    ChumpCar World Series Regional Series Promoter
    www.chumpcar.com

NABR Regular

Several customers use this one for iPhone and love it. They have it for PalmOS so they may also make it for Android in the future.
    http://gps-laptimer.de/

There are a number of inexpensive add on GPS units which increase data resolution from 1 Hz to 5 Hz. It's not ideal, but it's a big improvement.

I'm still using my DriftBox when I need to stick something in a car quickly.