Thread: 1G Measurement Needed - Rear Upper Control Arm Mount ID

NABR Veteran

Default 1G Measurement Needed - Rear Upper Control Arm Mount ID

I need some measurements of the stock rear subframe. I'm machining some bushings for an adjustable upper control arm but my stock upper mounts got fubar'd when I attempted to remove the bolt (later I resorted to cutting the bolt off).

The "ear mounts" are bent out a bit on each side, I'm getting dimensions anywhere from 2.0-2.25" depending on where I measure. Looking at where the mount is un-bent it seems to be around 2.0".

This the inner distance between the mount, where the stock bushing sleeve slides in and the eccentric bolt goes through. I will get pictures later to clarify this.
    '14 Fiest ST Daily
    '90 Talon TSi Track Slut
    '92 VR4 367/1000 RallyX Beater
    '99 GSX Texas Car Museum Piece

NABR Veteran

Another place to measure would be the length of the upper control arm bushing sleeve ( the eccentric bolt slides through this). I would measure across there but it was cut apart while the bolt was cut out.
    '14 Fiest ST Daily
    '90 Talon TSi Track Slut

NABR Veteran

I came up with ~1.95" +/- .005"ish or so on my 1g on jack stands with all the factory suspension in place.

NABR Veteran

Thanks for the dimensions Greg! I appreciate the help.

Now to bend back the mounts. I may be better off with another subframe at this point.
    '14 Fiest ST Daily
    '90 Talon TSi Track Slut

NABR Regular

I may have one.

Well, I know I have one but it might have followed the same path as yours (out damn bolt!).

I have had more than one, not sure which one I still have. As a bonus, I am local-ish.

NABR Veteran

Hmm, let me know if you have one that is in decent condition. The main thing I'm looking out for are the control arm mounts and the trailing arm mounts, if those are un-bent and in good condition then I'm interested. Paint condition doesn't matter, will paint it regardless.
    '14 Fiest ST Daily
    '90 Talon TSi Track Slut

FNG Graduate

Can anybody help me with a measurement? I had an upper Ingalls control arm break on my 1G doing a road course event. The units that I used to replace are much beafier however they are straight and with the new suspension, I discovered they are coming in contact with the chassis before the struts are fully compressing. That being said I need someone with a factory upper arm to tell me from the center of the inner pivot when the bend begins. I will be bending the chromolly units that I have to accomodate the chassis and want to ensure the bend is in the right spot. Also if I could get a chord length measurement (straight line center of pivot to center of pivot) that would help as well. If anyone can get this it would be greatly appreciated.
    1992 Eagle Talon AWD 11.6 @119