Thread: Japan Donations

NABR Veteran

Default Japan Donations

Not sure if this is here somewhere else but it deserves a topic in the Public Section

https://american.redcross.org/site/D...rm1&df_id=5052

Text REDCROSS to 90999. Each text will provide $10 towards the Red Cross’s humanitarian efforts.
    -Charlie

NABR Moderator

Good call, let's sticky this for a while to help all we can. Donation sent.
    1992 Eclipse GSX-winter storage
    2007 Tahoe LT3-weekend whip

NABR Veteran

Just to let people in on the extent, trains are still shut down in tokyo. Rolling blackouts, people cant get to work, this is one of the, if not the largest city in the world we are talking about. The stuff on the news to the north near the epicenter, 10,700 people rescued yesterday. They were following a woman around who was looking for her husband and found his body on live TV and collapsed in tears. A mother describing how she survived the wave but her daughter was swept away. Some of the news stories I get choked up.

There is just one two lane road in and out of a region that supports has a million people and they have no electricity or food supply. People are on rations 1 bowl of rice per day. Money can help pay for helicopters to bring food, road clearing equipment ships with supplies.

The US military is working overtime to help as well. There are a lot of sad and heroic stories that aren't trickling to the US media. Japan will live on, but people need help right now. The Sendai area is beautiful and the people there always struck me as kindhearted and generous.
    97 Eclipse GS-T 687whp/660tq Time Attack money pit

NABR Veteran

You can donate via iTunes if you are a US Resident

(Itunes Link)
    https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObje...rityGiftWizard
    -Charlie

FNG Graduate

I just donated through PayPal.
    www.atdsm.com

FNG Graduate

Capital One also has a donation site: https://www.capitalone.com/give?link...R1_03_G_MICAFR

NABR Veteran

I am trying to get my family and loved ones out of Tokyo right now. There reactor #6 has gone bad all but 50 of the plant staff (800+) have evacuated. I am worried they aren't telling the whole story and they are basically giving up, CNN story says winds could be blowing fallout toward tokyo. Its not worth the risk my fiance just left work and I sent money to buy Shinkansen tickets for all her family to go to grandparents house in tokushima. Im hoping for the best right now.

Ex-expatriate

Talked with several friends over the past few days, sounds like Tokyo is a ghost town. Pretty much everyone is on a plane out of dodge. I know I would have been.
    I love Ty Pham and you can too and in just 3 easy payments of $9.95!

NABR Veteran

http://store.engrish.com/jt-025.html

Hi, this is Steve, the owner/webmaster of Engrish.com. I lived in Japan for 10 years and I am heartbroken at all that has transpired. Japan needs our help. I wanted to do more than just donate to the Red Cross on my own, so I created this shirt to support the rescue and recovery process. ALL of the profits from this shirt will go to Red Cross Japan*.

The Japanese on the shirt says: "Don't give up, Japan! We're in this together!" ("Gambare Nihon! Issho ni norikoeyo!"). All shirts are screen-printed on a Silver (light gray) shirt. These shirts run a bit large, so if you like a tighter fit I recommend ordering a size down.

If you would like to make a donation directly to the Japanese Red Cross Society, I recommend doing so on this page from Google.

This is a "presale" - shirts will ship out by March 30th.

* Profits will be independently verified by the fulfillment company "Amplifier", and Engrish.com will post payment receipts from the Japanese Red Cross Society. Depending on how many shirts are ordered, anywhere from $8 to $12 dollars will be donated per shirt sold.
    -Charlie

NABR Veteran

I gotta say this, I think the JP government/media is outright lying at this point to avoid a panic in tokyo
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110316/...ake_spent_fuel

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/p/tp-20110317-01.html

NABR Veteran

Agreed, and there's a proven track record backing that up. "The U.S. decision to evacuate citizens from Japan shows a tougher stand on the deepening nuclear crisis. The State Department warned U.S. citizens to defer all non-essential travel to any part of the country as unpredictable weather and wind conditions risked spreading radioactive contamination, The Associated Press reported.

The travel warning extends to U.S. citizens already in the country and urges them to consider leaving. The authorized departure offers voluntary evacuation to family members and dependents of U.S. personnel in Tokyo, Yokohama and Nagoya and affects some 600 people."
    08 G35x
    08 TRD Tacoma

NABR Veteran

CNN went downhill in a big hurry. Mark Spitzer as an ancor makes me want to puke. Maybe I should be happy at least people are going to make their intentions clear now.

NABR Veteran

Sorry Elliot Spitzer, I mean the scandalous ex democrat governor