Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wes Hess in Critical Condition :(

FNG Graduate

This really breaks my heart. I will always remember all those great nights at Cecil and Maple Grove. If the stickers are made, I would love to buy a few.

RIP Wes.

NABR Regular

Sad day

Rip Wes

FNG Scum

My prayers go out to Wes and his family. R.I.P
    04 Evo VIII

FNG Graduate

RIP Wess

NABR Shit-starter Elite

Like a few others, I've been putting off posting in hopes that Wess would recover. Each time I come in to visit this thread I just get that sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach as I scroll down to see the latest word on his condition. I guess it's finally sunk in that Wess is gone and I just wanted to make sure I said something here.

I remember meeting Wess at Maple Grove some time ago, probably the same time Marco did (I remember meeting Marco there for the first time as well). I had just started getting serious with the DSM stuff. I remember walking up to his car and staring at his engine bay in amazement. It was so simple, clean, and done right. He definitely had an effect on how I presented my own car. I just remember seeing a T4 on his car and noticing the strange manifold (SFP). That's back when HKS manifolds were the only way to mount big turbos and they would cost you one of your testicles to get one. I immediately asked Wess all kinds of questions. He came right up to the car and starting talking to me as if he'd known me for years. He told me every little detail, answered every question and gave me all kinds of tips and tricks to avoid the pitfalls he had run into up to that point. A few weeks later, I had an SFP manifold on my car Dumb story I know, but that's what I'll always remember about him, his willingness to help everyone around him. One other thing I'll remember is how far his fabrication skills had come. He reached that level where you see his work and say "damn!", a true testament to his work ethic and attention to detail.

I didn't know his wife, or his family, or anything like that, but we communicated quite a bit over the years through PMs and email. Wess was one of those genuinely "good" guys. Those kind of people are few and far between, so I'm glad I had the pleasure of knowing him. It's never easy when someone leaves us, but seeing someone so young pass really hits me in a different way. Our prayers are with his family and loved ones. RIP buddy, you'll be sorely missed.
    03 Cobra
    8.75 @ 154
    Stock Motor!
    3250 w/driver

NABR Veteran

Wes made the best part I ever had on my car. I forget the name of the part now, but it made my car idle perfectly.

On another note, does anybody know who was doing his website? They might want to kill the video section before the local media finds it. It has a video of Wes doing 160mph on a local street, with traffic.
    Would you like to see my second place trophies?

NABR Brigadier General

They already found it.

Some one pointed it out in the comments section of cnjonline.com for the original crash story.

NABR Veteran

This is horrible. Makes you think about what you have right now in life and how quickly it can be snatched away.You influenced many and helped alot of people.

What we do in life echoes in eternity..
    Godspeed Wess, you will be missed by more than you know.
    Last edited by Chris Marion; 2009-01-01 at 23:27:18.
    If someone hates you for no reason, give that motherfucker a reason!

NABR Veteran

I was lucky enough to hang out with Wes in person several times. I have his old turbo on my car, and he built me a transmission.

Him passing away is really rough, I just talked to him for about 30 minutes on the phone a week before we got the bad news.

Donating Member

Another one of us gone way too early. This ain't the place, to say stuff like this, but it makes me want to go hug my family. How easily could it have been any of us being in a crash like that? We all do it. At least Wess went out on his own terms, and didn't suffer through some horrible disease. Godspeed, brother. Have a fast ass car, or chariot, or whatever, ready for us when we get there.

Reminds me of when we lost Dennis. Way too soon, and way too many left behind. Wess, Dennis, Carpenter and Smithey are working on something mighty cool. I can see them, now.
    Chad Smith

NABR Veteran

Memorial Info:

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers over the past two weeks. It hurts deeply to know Wes is gone, but the posts I have read have brought a smile to my face. I wish he only knew the impact he had on so many people.

I wanted to let you know that the memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 10th at 2:00. The service will take place at Steed-Todd funeral home located on the corner of Manana and Norris Street in Clovis. (This is located in front of the mall across the street from Wendy's). Following the ceremony, you are all welcome back to the our house in Clovis.

I know Wes would not have wanted a fuss at this time, however, I know he would appreciate those who wish to say goodbye. Please pass this information on to anyone who may want to pay their respects.

Thanks
    Tanya Hess
    Mike Rizzotti
    Best ET- 9.98
    First DSM stock block in the 9's!

FNG Graduate

Wow...i'm just speechless. .I havn't been online for awhile, but this is very sad news I've only hung out with Wes a few times, but it wasn't hard to see that he was a great guy and would do anything he could to help you out. When something like this happens, it's so hard to believe. RIP Wes...you will be missed.
    98 GS-T 04 Turbo Cobra

NABR Veteran

God speed my friend.

I wish I could make the service, but I just can't afford the $$$ at this time.

As far as his site goes, he did his own maintenance. I'd talked to him a few times about my taking it over, but we never got around to it.

Its definitely a perspective-changer when these things happen to someone you know.

Also, Joe, have you passed the fund money on to Tanya and the family yet, or no? I talked with her (and his mom) on tuesday just after Wes passed but with everything going on I didn't think to get the address they would like the money sent to. If all else fails, it can be sent to Wes' paypal but that's probably best left as the last resort.
    ~sillycon~
    '90 GSX
    '04 S60 2.5T

"Man must cease attributing his problems to his environment, and learn again to exercise his will - his personal responsibility." - Albert Schweitzer

NABR Veteran

I have Wes/Tanya's home address if needed.
    Mike Rizzotti
    Best ET- 9.98

NABR Regular

Unhappy

After a few weeks away from car forums I came back to find this thread. Like many others I am shocked, saddened and overcome with a very sick feeling of disbelief. I never knew Wes personally but have exchanged a few pm's from time to time. I will remember him as a very compassionate, friendly person that would do anything to help out another fellow dsm'er.

Wes may you rest and peace and may your family find the comfort they need during this very sad time.
    Bill Kehn

NABR Regular

RIP Wes.
    -1993 RX7 R1 4G63 Swapped 570whp/370ft-lbs (pump gas)
    -Evo MR 393whp/399ft-lbs (Stock Turbo + Pump gas)
    -Turbotrix Racing

NABR Veteran

I too have been away from the forums for a couple of weeks, and a fellow NABR member told me that Wes had passed. Everyone has a different way of dealing with grief. My father was in the hospital for surgery last week. Although my father's surgery was successful and he's on his way to recovery (for another potentially life-threatening surgery), the combination of events has left my head swimming in emotion and thoughts about mortality.

The kind words spoken on Wes' behalf belie the life that he lived. I only hope that I can be as well-remembered, and that my loved ones never doubt my love.

Godspeed, Wes.
    Erik A.
    92 Galant VR-4 #206/1000: 12.578 @ 112.46 @ 5800ft
    95 Tsi AWD AutoX/track car
    04 allroad 2.7T DD

Reyjoniviznickovich

This sucks. Godspeed Wess. RIP.
    A.K.A. fourg63

FNG Graduate

I too had never met Wes in person, but spent hours discussing DSM stuff with him via AIM.

It is painful to not only lose a friend, but a brother in arms.

NABR Veteran

The memorial service was this weekend and the link below is the funeral card, very cool. RIP Wes.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1101/1945/270236.jpg
    Mike Rizzotti
    Best ET- 9.98

NABR Moderator

RIP.
    1992 Eclipse GSX-winter storage
    2007 Tahoe LT3-weekend whip

NABR Veteran

Just unbelievable. I hadn't been following the car forums much either, so I'm just now learning of the horrible news.

I don't know Wes too well, but I did buy my GVR4 from him after he rescued it and rebuilt it's motor. As it turns out, we share the exact same birth date. He was very easy going and friendly on the two occassions I met with him. He was proud of his Talon and wanted to show it off. I felt proud for him because the car purchase was going to fund needed safety upgrades to run lower ETs.

I wish his family the best.
    spoulson
    91 GVR4 #275/2000

NABR Regular

I am just speechless. I didn't know him very well, but I do no that he was a great guy and will be missed.
    92 GSX auto(sold, in the Virgin Islands)
    93 GS N\T converted to turbo.(sold)
    05 Chevy Equinox

" Never get involved with a girl that was on the debate team, there is nothing worse than a woman trained to argue"

6mmXC

Mix me, Wes, Dave Ciotti, Dan Hammans, Chris McCarty, the Short Bus with three jugs and four cases of beer behind the back seat, and Greenville Ave in Dallas, what do you get?

I have no idea, I can't remember.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." - Alexander Fraser Tytler

"The historical cycle (of democracy) seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more." - Henning Webb Prentis, Jr.

"This year (1935) will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

- Adolf Hitler

NABR Brigadier General

FYI

"For anybody near Reading Pa. Wes'es wife Tanya finally moved back home hear, she will be haveing the funeral (full military honor) Feb 18 wensday 2009 at 6:00 pm. It will be held at the Zion Spies church. Address is 310 or 318 spies road reading Pa 19606 phone number 610-779-9787. Incase you not sure what Tanya looks like she has dirty blonde hair and do not forget she is expecting the arrival of there son in march or april 2009."

Ramathorn

Rest In Peace, Wes Hess.

-Sav (BlackCar)
    http://www.IMVFilms.com